Monday, August 23, 2010

Getting some things finished finally....

I've recently gotten two quilts back from having them machine quilted, and am busy sewing the binding on both. Linda did a beautiful job of creating flowers and leaves on my Lilac Time quilt.
Hard to get a photo of, but here it shows one flower and the squiggle in the stripped border. I love it! I've got the binding sewn to the front, now I just have to hand sew it to the back. I already added a hanging sleeve with the binding, because I know I'm going to put this one in our next quilt show :-)
Will show the quilting on the big 9-patch as soon as I get some decent photos. I took some tonight, and they came out too dark. Will wait for daylight and try again. Flash distorts the color. I have also finished a table runner I want to take photos of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quilted flowers look nice on your lilac quilt and I must say again I like the colors very much too. Will you make a picture of how the whole quilt looks like when it's finished? And I will sure look forward to seeing your big 9-patch as well as a table runner.

Mary said...

Aluajala: I think that I have the whole quilt posted somewhere in the blog and I have as much of teh 9-patch as can be seen easily :-)