......several things. I get distracted easily and jump around from one project to another. My two finished quilts are with the quilter right now, so I'm waiting to get them back and add the binding. In the mean time I've been doing some small projects and getting ready for a couple more!
This is an idea I came up with one day......I wanted to use that blue fabric for "something" and decided to sort of make it look like it was behind a white lattice and then applique roses on it. This is what I've got so far! I fused the roses and am now blanket stitching the edges of all the roses and leaves....lots of handwork to keep me busy when I get together with other quilters. When I add the borders there will be a couple more roses on those two empty stems and probably more leaves wherever I think it needs them.
Mostly I've been making lots of pillowcases for gifts for family members and friends. I forgot to take photos of some of them. I just made a pair of pink ones for a woman having a 90th birthday. The ones shown above were for family members.....I like when I can find fun fabrics for them.
Of course I had to make one for myself, too! Cats for me.....it looks better on the pillow. Here is it too obvious that I had to chop off some cat's heads. I made my husband one with some left over car fabrics. I'm already thinking of Christmas gifts for other family members with this! You can find the patterns at "The 1 Million Pillowcases Challenge".....click here.
Our quilt guild just announced a challenge for this year to make Crazy Quilts for our next local quilt show which will have the theme: "Crazy about Quilting!" and will be in September of 2011. I will start on that soon, too......crazy quilting takes time!
7 comments:
I love the rose one. I love the blue fabric, and the whole piece.
I am the same way, get bored so easily. Have to have a million things going at once. No wonder why I never get anything done, laugh.
I love your blog and your creativity. Thank You for sharing.
Renee
I love applique on quilts. And making pillow cases sounds like a great gift. I hadn't heard of that.
Renee: Thank you for stopping by! I really need to stick to one thing long enough to get something finished more often :-)
Brenda: The pillowcases are a lot of fun....of course it would be cheaper to buy them :-)
Every time I see the Roses/Lattice thing, I fall in love with it all over again. It sure is pretty.
Rose: Thanks!
Wow, that is a beauty, that blue with the roses... and pillow cases...way nice.
Mary, The roses are beautiful. I love the simplicity of the lattice and then the impact of the roses on the side. I am going to make pillowcases for some Christmas gifts this year too. I love the fun fabric you've used. I like looking for fun novelty stuff too.
Post a Comment