Sunday, October 25, 2009

Krazy Patch workshop......

Saturday I spent the day at one of our guild workshops. Rosie was going to teach the Kwik Krazy II pattern. Many of us were there to make them into Christmas runners and some to make quilts. (I've done this pattern before and the quilt I made is the one in the header photo above and also on my sidebar.) Rosie showed us this gorgeous quilt top that she has made from the pattern!
Isn't this cute?.....she cut a block down and put it at each corner in the border. Nice touch, Rosie! I love these colors!
Rosie did these Christmas blocks for runners......
.....and also these beautiful black and white blocks! She has made a bunch of quilts from this pattern.
These are mine.....I wanted to do Christmas blocks and hope to make them into 3 Christmas runners and then sell them....watch my blog if I put them up for sale :-)
I tried to get photos of everyone's projects before they left, but I missed one person. This was a lovely set done in pink and greys.
M. was making hers for a quilt for a grandchild...very colorful!
Trying to figure out the proper way to line up the pieces.
Mary A. did Christmas fabrics and was testing them against possible sashing or border fabric.
Mary J. is not in the photo, but is standing back trying to decide if she liked this layout! It can be hard to position them so that certain colors don't end up next to each other if you don't use sashing.
A very "Spring" looking set of colors that will be a quilt eventually.

C. was still sewing hers up when I took the photo.

Her colors were very "country" looking and dramatic.
I think there were 9 of us working on the Krazy patches and one other person hand-quilting on a small quilt (which I failed to get a photo of!). We had a wonderful day all quilting together and accomplished a lot.
Now I have to get busy and decide how to finish up my runners......pointed ends or squared off.....sashing between or not.....border fabric.....binding.......Hmmmmmm....maybe I still have a lot to do!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

That looks a tad difficult to me. I really like it though. It doesn't look like you have to be very careful about lining up seams, which would be a plus for me.
Hope you are doing well. It has been since Paducah in April for my last show...miss them!

Mary said...

It is actually very easy. You stack (12) 12" squares on top of each other with a freezer paper pattern on top. Cut along the lines. Restack them by moving one piece of stack 1 to the bottom, 2 pieces of stack 2 to the bottom, etc. I could email you a small version of the pattern but the original is larger than a scanner or regular paper. After sewing the seams back together...you can chain piece them...you just lay a square ruler on top...either 10 or 9 1/2 and cut out your square. I did a lap quilt that took 3 stacks.