My plans for this year are to use up some of the fabrics in my stash and also to finish a few more UFO's. My first stash quilt is just about done. I cut a lot of my blue and white fabrics into 6" squares. Then I put light and dark ones together and made half square triangles.
This is the result. I still need to put sashing around the outer edge and some sort of border.
I have no idea why I decided at some point to make these little 3-D triangles, but they were a pain to do. Probably every time someone sits on the bed, they will catch something on the 3-D squares...what was I thinking?? I should have showed a section where my corners met a little more perfectly....oh, well. I really struggled with the bulky seams!
Below is another blue project. I have a lot of blue fabrics to use up!
This year's challenge in our guild is to make a quilt based on a song title. I didn't intend to do it because I have no inspiration telling me what song to do. But I just happened to pull this unfinished piece out to work on, and realized that it has a song title in it! Maybe you see it, maybe you don't. Take a guess. Look at the close up while thinking about it.
I plan to put a scalloped border on it. Have never done one before.....seeking advice from friends who have. I had a hard time finding a fabric to use for the border , but think I will like this piece that it is laying on in the photo.
Have you thought of a song title yet?
I am going to embroider a small red rose in the lady's hand. Maybe that will help you?
Think 60's easy listening.....maybe Bobby Vinton or Dean Martin?
7 comments:
Oh, Mary....I love it...and I love the added triangles. Love the way you set it up.
As for the song title, I haven't a clue. But right now I have so much on my mind, plus a song my brother sent me and it is constantly in the background of my mind.
Also, Kiss from a Rose by Seal is right before the Neil Young song in my head...Roger played it last night....
Utterly magnificent, Mary! And I just love those blues ...
I'm not coming up with a song title either, but I love the blues, and the 3D effect is really cool. Don't let anyone sit on it.LOL That other one with the roses is magnificent! You are very good Mary! I'll think some more..
Red Roses for a Blue Lady!!!! My gosh, this is gorgeous! I loved the first one and then saw the second one and loved it even more! Blue & White is a favorite of mine and you have made two gorgeous blue & white tops! Wow!
Good job, Marie! You and my sister, Dorothy, are the only ones to guess the song title :-) This is just a small wall hanging. Hope to do the border soon....after vacation.
wow, you sure are talented with quilt making - ...love the title. first i kept thinking Blue Velvet and couldn't connect it, lol.
Post a Comment