Monday, September 3, 2012

Links for Grand Rapids, Michigan Quilt Show photos....

We went to the Grand Rapids Quilt Show earlier this month and the quilts were fantastic!  So were the extra exhibits.  Here are links to web albums of the photos that I took at the show.  The first link is for the main quilt show:  Grand Rapids Quilt Show

and the second link is for the extra exhibits that I have some photos of: Grand Rapids other exhibits

And here is a link for my post on the Quilt Barn Trail in Vicksburg, Michigan.

I hope to get something new posted in here, soon.  Have been working on some UFO projects mostly and a log cabin from the scraps left over from my strip quilt.  Just need to take some photos!

1 comment:

A Colorful World said...

This was a great show also! Thanks for the links!

To answer your question about my T-shirt quilt, I stabilized each square onto a pellon backing BUT I bought the kind that stretches in two directions because I was using a stretchy back for the quilt. I had been told that if you are using non-stretch cotton for the back of your quilt, to back each square with a pellon that stretches in ONE direction. Choosing the stretchy flannel for the back, since it's inside side was so silky and slippery really caused issues. I really learned a lot doing this quilt. I have one other T-shirt quilt to do later, of my hubby's T's. Hope all is well with you and Mike! Take care!