Friday, April 13, 2012

Goldfinch....

Another bird applique done!  Now for the crazy stitching.

4 comments:

Deb C. E. said...

Where did you find the beautiful bird patterns? I think your applique' skills are very good. Your choice of colors and fabric are wonderful too.

Mary said...

Deb: I am mostly using patterns that are for paper piecing from two books by Margaret Rolfe. I adapt them for size and round the birds for needle turn applique, and add any details that I think are more realistic looking. It's been working fairly well. I would like to try some of them as paper pieced patterns sometime but not for this particular quilt. I really have trouble with the tiny pieces like the caps of the birds. If you could feel my pieces they are bulky around the points in particular! Oh, well....I'm having fun!

Rose said...

I told you already but want to leave a comment here...this one is just perfect.

A Colorful World said...

I love this one! It looks great. Love the chickadee too. Can't wait to see the finish!