Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pillowcases and other Christmas gifts.....

I'm getting my Christmas presents done little by little. A wall hanging for someone....even though my family doesn't usually look at this blog, I won't say who gets this.
I've made 6 pillowcases so far and have one more to go!

I love picking out fabric for each person, but some are harder than others.
Not much....but at least I got a few things done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pillowcases look sweet. After you said you're picking fabric for each person I'm trying to turn my imagination on looking at your photos and guess what kind of person might get which gift. Some are very girlie and some are like for men. The one with bunnies looks especially cute and tender.

Your wall hanging is lovely too - so homelike and cute. And it makes me wonder how you made so naturally-looking nest )

Mary said...

Aluajala: Well the train fabric is for a man who loves trains, the two purple ones are indeed "girlie". The manatees are a whim for my nephew, the bunnies for his wife, and the Disney princesses for their 3 year old "princess". None of them read this blog, as far as I know. The nest was torn scraps of fabric woven and stitched down on a brown base. I later wove a piece of yarn into it, but it isn't in this photo.

Riel Nason said...

I love those little birds peeking out of the nest! And pillowcases are so fun. You're right it is so fun to pick the perfect fabric for each person. I like the one with the trains on it. I have a couple of people on my list that would like that too. Happy Holidays!!

Mary said...

Riel: Your pillowcases turned out great, too. It's a fun thing to make.