Monday, November 30, 2009

Sew Saturday November....

There were 6 of this month at the Sew Saturday after Thanksgiving. I finally completed 2 of my Christmas runners that I now hope to sell, if I can figure out what a fair price would be. Both runners have the same center blocks which I machine pieced last month. I lightly machine quilted around them and did a bit of decorative hand stitching on the tops with embroidery thread.
The backs are different.

I love the rose fabric on the back of this one.
June is doing beautiful applique work on this quilt top she bought on the Treasure Table.
Earlene was sewing blocks together for a quilt with a spring look.
Rosie was making a raggy blue jean quilt.
Mary Jane had put her Krazy Quilt blocks together for a small lap quilt and was adding borders. She used the lovely black floral for the outer border and I wish I had a shot of it...very pretty!
I always manage to miss someone. Charlotte was cutting out pieces to make paperback book covers for Christmas presents. Nice little gifts! I didn't get a picture of them.
Sew Saturday is always a lot of fun and it makes me get busy and work on things that I put off when I am at home. Sewing with friends is always more fun :-)

3 comments:

Rose said...

Looks like everyone was having fun...I like your runners.

Mary said...

Rose: We do have fun and it helps focus me on getting some quilting done, when I can go all day like this. Some bring their machines, but I usually just work on handwork that I'm trying to complete.

A Colorful World said...

Great projects that everyone is doing! That applique--wow! And, I love your table runners! I hope they sold for Christmas.